Tax Preparation FAQs

Enrolled Agent (EA) is a prestigious designation from the Internal Revenue Service.  EAs must pass a rigorous examination, a background check, and meet lengthy annual continuing professional education requirements.  That’s why EAs account for less than 10 percent of all tax practitioners – and are considered a cut above the rest.  By selecting an Enrolled Agent to handle your taxes, you are assured a superior level of taxation expertise – so you can be confident of thorough, insightful service and uncommon professionalism that makes a real difference.

Enrolled Agents advise, represent, and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any entities with tax-reporting requirements. Enrolled Agents’ expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS.

Our firm’s seasoned professionals are experts in all areas of taxation including:

  • Individual Returns
  • Payroll Tax Issues
  • Business Returns
  • Sales Tax Returns
  • Rental Income Returns
  • Business Consultation
  • Expatriate Returns
  • Fiduciary & Estate Returns
  • Corporation Returns
  • Bookkeeping
  • Partnership Returns
  • Audit Representation
  • LLC Returns

Because of their expertise in taxation, Enrolled Agents are well-suited to provide tax planning services. The best way to enhance your tax position is with careful planning – to ensure you will be prepared when tax time rolls around. Our firm offers a full range of planning services including, but not limited to:

  • Individual Tax Planning
  • Business Tax Planning
  • Business Organization
  • Rental Properties
  • Foreclosures and Repossessions
  • Retirement
  • Investments
  • Sales and Exchanges
  • Pension Plans
  • Education Planning
  • Finance & Refinance Planning
  • Home Purchase and Sale Planning

We are here for you twelve months a year, not just during tax season.  Whether you have a simple tax question, need advice on the tax implications of a business decision, or want clarification on a government notice, feel free to give us a call.

We maintain a policy of the strictest confidence concerning our clients’ affairs.  You can rest assured that no one will learn about your business or tax status – even relatives, associates or friends who might have referred you to us.

Document Preparation FAQs

The definition of a paralegal is a person trained in legal matters (but not fully qualified as a lawyer), who performs routine tasks requiring some knowledge of the law and procedures. A paralegal is watched over by a lawyer and is not to engage in the practice of law. Usually paralegals have taken a prescribed series of courses in law and legal processes, which is much less demanding than those required for a licensed attorney. Paralegals often handle much of the paper work in probates of estates, divorce actions, bankruptcies, investigations, analyzing depositions, preparing and answering interrogatories, procedural motions and other specialized jobs. A paralegal cannot give legal advice or guidance and cannot represent you in Court.

A paralegal provides services to a licensed attorney who directs their work and compensates them directly.  A legal document preparer may prepare legal forms or documents at the request of the public but may not offer any legal advice or guidance.

No, you do not have to use the services of a lawyer to get divorced.  You can prepare your own divorce or have a document preparer fill out the forms for you.  Many times, it is a paralegal that prepares the forms for a divorce that is done using an attorney.  A legal document preparer many times has the same education and experience as a paralegal.

A power of attorney (POA) is a legal document which gives someone else the right to manage your affairs as if they were you.  Once the power of attorney is printed, signed, and notarized, your agent, or the person you name to take care of your affairs, has full rights and access to your accounts.  Banks, doctors, hospitals, and other third parties are legally obligated to honor the power of attorney until they receive written notice from you that the power of attorney has ended.

No. Laws permitting no-fault divorce have now been passed in all 50 states.  You only have to state irreconcilable differences.